Monday, July 7, 2014

This is Creepy, Signing Off!

For another summer-long hiatus:) That’s right. School is finally out, the kids are home free (which means my freedom is officially out the door:). Even though we’ve kicked off this summer with a crap load of rain and the defeat of the French and American soccer teams at the World Cup (booo!), there is still SO much to celebrate in the upcoming months.


My parents and two youngest siblings are flying over for a two-week visit, and arriving July 16th. We’ll be celebrating my daughter Phoebe’s baptism on the 18th and then heading down to the French Riviera for two weeks of camping on the Mediterranean coast.

And in mid-August, I’ll be heading back to the U.S. for a brief trip, for my best friend’s wedding, which I am extremely excited about!

I don’t plan on getting much writing done over the next two months, but you never know when inspiration may hit! I didn’t reach my goal of finishing a manuscript before July…but I’m okay with that.

I know I can write a book.

I’ve done it before, and I can do it again. But it feels almost like now isn’t my time, and I’m perfectly okay with that, too.

Sometimes you just have to let go and stop trying to force productivity for pride or ambition’s sake, and just be where you’re meant to be, doing what you’re meant to do, without judgment or fear.

In any case, here’s wishing all of you a beautiful summer! See you in September!

9 comments:

Natalie Aguirre said...

Have a great summer, Katie! Enjoy it and don't worry about the writing. It'll come.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Enjoy time with your family. And no worries about the writing. Your time will come again.

erica and christy said...

Enjoy your summer! :)

Dianne K. Salerni said...

Sounds like a very fun summer!!
And you know I'm here to read anything that you DO happen to write ...

Angela Brown said...

With the fun and excitement you have coming down the pipeline, it's easily understandable to have to put writing to the side. It's your journey. You have to enjoy it to your best ability.

Have a lovely time with family and friends!

Connie Keller said...

I hope you have a lovely vacation!

Roland D. Yeomans said...

This family summer will never come again. Cherish each moment. We qualify everything.

But moments are elusive, resistant to being categorized -- some in retrospect can stretch throughout a lifetime. Family summers are filled with those kinds. I envy you.

See you in September, Roland

Anonymous said...

Have a great summer and enjoy the time with your family. Make great memories! See you in September!

Unknown said...

Enjoy your summer! I'm just getting back to my first love of writing and it is people like you that inspire me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...